7th Annual weCANclimb
Event Duration: Saturday, September 19 – Saturday, October 3, 2020
The CAMC weCANclimb hike and trail run benefits the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) at CAMC Women & Children’s Hospital – a child-friendly facility that cares for children who have been victims of child abuse, mostly child sexual abuse. The CAC’s highly trained staff work with children and families to provide professional and compassionate care to reduce the trauma often experienced by children that are victims of abuse, providing forensic interviews, family advocacy and medical care as well as counseling services. Families are never charged for the services they receive for services.
Starting at Shelter 8, participants can take advantage of the lush scenery of Kanawha State Forest. Choosing between three different courses – 1 Mile, 2.5 Mile or 5K – our guests can either control the pace and hike, or set the pace with the trail run option.
In order to provide weCANclimb hikers and runners with a safe environment to enjoy this outdoor event, we ask that all participants:
- Please wear a mask/face covering until your event begins.
- Please adhere to West Virginia COVID-19 state guidelines by wearing a mask/face covering during your event (this is already optional – by adding the language it removes any doubt)
- Please maintain social distancing during the check in/registration process and while waiting for their event to start.
Event organizers will:
- Assure all event staff are wearing appropriate face covering
- Provide separate and spaced out check-in areas for each event to minimize the number of people participants interact with.
- Stagger the start of each event in order to allow for distancing between participants, families or groups of friends.
- Provide hand sanitizer at each check in area before and after the event.
Please visit the Children’s Advocacy Center for more information.
To support the children cared for at the Children’s Advocacy Center MAKE A GIFT TODAY