Together we can improve the health of our community
Your gifts to the CAMC Foundation allow us to expand our programs and services to better serve the people in our community.
What Your Gifts Support
November is No Shave for the Brave
Bravery has many faces – especially in today’s trying times. At the CAMC Children’s Advocacy Center, we see bravery every day in the faces of our patients and their families. In honor of that bravery, we are proud to once again sponsor “No Shave for the Brave” this November.
CAMC Center for Learning and Research
- Expanding our role as an Academic Medical Center.
- Provides training and education rooms that model surgery suites, emergency suites, labor and delivery suites, and more.
- Includes study rooms, practice rooms, and learner lounges.
- Will serve not only CAMC employees, but all healthcare learners across the state.
Our goal is to raise $6 Million toward this project
Women and Children's Hospital
Each year more than 2,000 babies are born at CAMC Women and Children's Hospital, many of which are high-risk births.
CAMC Women and Children's Hospital is home to the region's largest and busiest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care unit and level I (highest level) pediatric intensive care unit.
- High-tech, maternal-fetal medicine and gynecologic cancer services are also offered.
Funds raised sustain a positive and healing presence in West Virginia and help provide the best possible start in life for our tiny patients.
- West Virginia’s leading provider of cancer services, CAMC offers the highest level of care in a supportive environment close to home.
- Our highly trained specialists treat many types of cancer, and as such, the CAMC Foundation helps fund many programs and services related to that care.
- CAMC Foundation successfully raised $15 million dollars to construct a new Cancer Center in 2015.
- Additional funds are needed to fund additional programs and services.
CAMC Foundation Hospitality House
The CAMC Foundation Hospitality House provides free or significantly reduced cost lodging to patients and their families while receiving medical care away from their home communities.
Unlike a hotel, the CAMC Foundation Hospitality House provides opportunities for those going through similar stressful situations to come together as a group where they can support one another.
With the help of generous and compassionate donors, the CAMC Foundation can provide for the physical comfort and emotional needs of families during a medical crisis so that they may participate fully with the medical team as partners in care.
The CAMC Institute of Academic Medicine has been committed to improving health through research for more than 40 years.
Through research, education, and health promotion, CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine aims to improve the health of our patients and community.
Research focuses on:
- Preventative healthcare
- Improving patient outcomes
- Evaluating health services and quality of care
Donor Spotlight Cross Lanes Women’s Club
The women of the Cross Lanes Women’s Club have been active with the CAMC Foundation Community Giving program for 3 years. Each summer the members of the club hold a walk to honor club member Mary Fletcher, a breast cancer survivor. All of the money raised at the walk goes back to the CAMC Cancer Center. This year they dedicated their donation towards the survivorship program.
Upcoming Event 29th Annual CAMC Foundation Golf Classic
Monday August 16, 2021
The CAMC Foundation Golf Classic is held each August at premier golf courses throughout the Kanawha Valley. Created to attract the sports enthusiast, the CAMC Foundation Golf Classic supports the Foundation’s Children’s Fund. Proceeds from the tournament are used to fund children’s safety net services including Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), trauma, clinics, and preventive and educational programs at CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital.